[Rasch] Sample size?

Shirin Shirazi shirin.shirazi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 09:22:52 AEST 2015

My great appreciation for your informative responses.

I was just thinking about sort of quantitative analysis which puts a limit
not only on the number of items but gets to number of subjects on the basis
of the number of items using kind of formula saying that the iteration gets
nowhere if we have for example a 45 item questionnaire but just 30
respondents. Although, I did such a small scale study a few years ago with
one of my students and we got good results through running Factor analysis,
and at that time I thought that maybe it is because of the two issues:
raters and item traits. Any idea of yours is highly welcome.

Thanks Professor Commons and Professor Bonds for your great feedback

Shirin