[Rasch] Standardizing measures and standard errors

Stuart Luppescu slu at ccsr.uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 11 03:43:40 AEDT 2016

Fellow Raschies, I want to standardize Rasch measures and their
standard errors. I'm standardizing the measures in the conventional
way, and putting the standard errors on the standardize scale by
dividing them by the standard deviation of the measures. The question
is, is this method valid regardless of whether I use the model standard
errors or the fit-inflated (real) standard errors, or do I need to
revise the scaling factor to account for the changes in the standard
errors due to the fit inflation? My supposition is that I use the same
scaling factor regardless of the type of standard error. Amiright?

Thanks.
--
Stuart Luppescu
Chief Psychometrician