[Rasch] Interval, Ratio, is scale related to Variable or Instrument

Parisa Daftari Fard pdaftaryfard at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 9 04:04:58 AEST 2017

Dear Colleagues and Mentors
Greetings
I believe my question was discussed many years ago but now I am thinking about the concept from another perspective. Prof Bond named some variables as derived (temperature) and concrete (weight).  Is scale related to the variable in isolation or variable in relation with an instrument. For example, Temperature is a variable (derived one to Bond), is it interval because there is no true zero or is it interval when it is measured with F or C and Ratio when is measured with Kelvin and sometimes Nominal when I use it is this Research question "is there any significant effect of temperature (high and low) on X? "

CordiallyParisa

Parisa DaftarifardPhD holder in TEFLIAU (south Tehran Branch)