[Rasch] Modeling response time

Finlayson, Ian IFinlayson2 at qmu.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 20:13:41 AEDT 2017

Hello Stuart,

Stepping away from IRT/Rasch, one possibility that jumps out to me would be to fit a mixed effect regression to the log-transformed response times, using persons and items, and then examine the standardised residuals for observations greater than, say, 2.5 SD from zero. That should highlight response times which are longer than might be expected given the person's average response time and the item's average response time.

HTH,

Ian