[Rasch] Specificity of Facets

Shirin Shirazi shirin.shirazi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 06:01:23 AEDT 2017

Dear Rasch Experts,

The impetus for asking this question is that I have been thinking of the
possibility of assessing reading comprehension questions in the format of
Multiple choice to find *bias *of facets (examinees, text type/genre,
number of items, field of study, age, length of the passage) through MFRM
knowing that the raters do not have a say in MC type in the assessment
procedure due to the objectivity of scoring, hence I am wondering another
measurement technique should be taken to find it?

As a matter of course, I would hesitate to use either Facets or Winsteps to
find the biases induced by the above-mentioned facets?

Your help for my briefing will be highly appreciated. In advance, I express
my gratitude for tolerating to read such a weird question.

Great Regards,

Shirin

PhD in TEFL, Assistant Professor