[Rasch] Specificity of Facets

Edward Li edwardfli at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 2 08:35:23 AEDT 2017

If you are trying to access the potential bias in questions, a DIF analysis is the first thing came to my mind.
Cheers,
Edward

On 2 Mar. 2017 6:01 am, Shirin Shirazi <shirin.shirazi at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Rasch Experts,

The impetus for asking this question is that I have been thinking of the possibility of assessing reading comprehension questions in the format of Multiple choice to find bias of facets (examinees, text type/genre, number of items, field of study, age, length of the passage) through MFRM knowing that the raters do not have a say in MC type in the assessment procedure due to the objectivity of scoring, hence I am wondering another measurement technique should be taken to find it?

As a matter of course, I would hesitate to use either Facets or Winsteps to find the biases induced by the above-mentioned facets?

Your help for my briefing will be highly appreciated. In advance, I express my gratitude for tolerating to read such a weird question.

Great Regards,

Shirin

PhD in TEFL, Assistant Professor