[Rasch] Specificity of Facets

Charalambos Kollias chkollias at outlook.com
Thu Mar 2 21:28:53 AEDT 2017

Dear Shirin,

I am pretty confident you can use either Winsteps or Facets for your specified analysis. In Winsteps, add the DIF codes to the person label. In FACETS , there is no need for there to be a rater facet in the model in your case – besides the rater facet is just like any other facet (active or inactive) in an analysis which can be added to the analysis model or left out of it completely. It all comes down to what you wish to investigate. From the sounds of things, you are interested in pairwise interactions (bias) between examinees and your other facets, so run FACETS without adding the rater facet in the model or use Winsteps with DIF codes in person label.  Hopefully, your data is connected and you do not have any subset problems and/or you have enough responses for what you are investigating..

Cheers,
Harry