[Rasch] DIF across gender

Amir Pakpour amir.pakpour at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 22:22:37 AEDT 2017

Dear All
Hi
I have done a Rasch model on a self reported measure in cardiac
patients. i examined DIF  for each item across gender (male vs.
female) . However, the reviewer wrote me that " I doubt the reasoning
around the DIF. For me it is not clear why we would think that based
on gender would be different?"
I think that Measurement invariance tests the level of consistency in
the understanding and interpretation of a measure by persons that
differ in sociodemographic characteristics (for example by gender)
and/or are from different cultural, ethnic, and linguistic
backgrounds. Why we should have a special justification for performing
the DIF?
any suggestions are welcome
All my best
Amir