[Rasch] Logit to positive integer transformation

Tim Mcnamara tfmcna at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Oct 31 14:47:57 AEDT 2017

Hi all, a simple question, but I can’t seem to find a discussion of it – how do we convert logit measures into more accessible scores, as positive integers, ideally on a simple numerical scale?  What are some examples of Rasch-based scales which have done this, especially in the language/literacy area? (I can think of TORCH and Lexiles, but some more recent ones would be good). I need to write some text about it for a lay audience, so the explanation can’t be too technical.
Thanks,
Tim

Tim McNamara FAHA FAcSS
Redmond Barry Distinguished Professor, School of Languages and Linguistics, The University of Melbourne
President, American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL)