[Rasch] Rasch reliability terminology quandary

Callie Tyner callie.tyner at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 07:35:27 AEST 2019

Hello,

For many years I have been bothered by what seem to me to be a haphazard
use of Rasch reliability terminology in various texts...

I have variously read of "person reliability," "person separation,"
"person-separation reliability," "person separation index," "person
reliability index," and "person separation ratio."

I'm looking for a definitive resource on interpreting these various
indicators of reliability. I have come across papers recently where it
seems that interpretive guidelines are being applied incorrectly, but I
would like to be able to judge for myself.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide me some clarity on this issue.

Sincerely,

Callie Tyner, PhD
Research Assistant Professor
Center for Health Assessment Research and Translation
University of Delaware
callie.tyner at gmail.com