[Rasch] Equating question

Charalambos Kollias chkollias at outlook.com
Sat Aug 24 03:35:33 AEST 2019

Hi Patrick,

IF a new exam is not in the pipeline for a very long time, you may want to think about the following procedure provided you have full access to both examinations :

Step 1: Thoroughly analyse both tests and compare and contrast them in terms of construct, items, scoring, etc. If you can make a valid argument that they are similar (e.g. measuring the same construct, etc.) then move onto the next step.

Step 2: Recruit test takers and have them take both tests (note: test takers to take both tests within a very short timeframe; don’t forget to keep “all other factors equal”).  Then analyse and compare results of test takers on both tests. Don’t forget to collect qualitative data as well.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Charalambos (Harry) Kollias