[Rasch] [EXTERNAL] Equating question

Stone, Gregory Gregory.Stone at UToledo.Edu
Sat Aug 24 05:10:34 AEST 2019

Hi Patrick

This sounds familiar. The real issue I see is with validity. If the exams are not used for the same purpose no amount equating virtual or otherwise will overcome this. Exams are valid for a purpose. We have been asked to do the same thing and from my own perspective it does not flow with our need for purpose.

Cheers
Gregory Stone
________________________________
From: Rasch <rasch-bounces at acer.edu.au> on behalf of Patrick Fisher <pfisher at SportsMeasures.com>
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2019 1:20:22 PM
To: rasch at acer.edu.au <rasch at acer.edu.au>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Rasch] Equating question

Hello Fellow Raschies,

I've been presented with an equating issue that I am not certain can be solved without starting from scratch.

There is a certification board that wants to equate the exam of doctoral residents to the board certification exam. There are no common items and no common people. The populations of each exam are distinctly separate.

In my opinion, they should develop a new examination for everyone to take, from the first year resident to the soon-to-retire uber experienced attending. This way they will all be on the same scale.

Thank you all very much!

Kindest regards,

Patrick

--