[Rasch] FACETS design

Fabio La Porta fabiolaporta at mail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:54:45 AEDT 2019

Hi Ricardo,
In order to conduct a multifacet analysis the theoretical requirement is
that all the raters examine all the subjects.

For sure, you cannot apply this design across countries. Here, you will
want to test the requirement of invariance of the item difficulties trans
culturally, i.e. the absence of DIF by Country.

Regarding the within-Country facet design, its feasibility depends on the
amount of missing rater data.

I Hope this helps
Fabio

Il giorno lun 11 feb 2019 alle 12:27 Ricardo Primi <rprimi at mac.com> ha
scritto:

> Dear list
>
> I have a question about FACETS. I am working in a project where we have
> tasks translated into various languages administered to students within
> several countries. Raters are nested within countries, that is, a group A
> of raters of country A will score tasks of country A students, a group B of
> raters of country B will score tasks of students of country B students and
> so on.
>
> I have two questions: 1) Do you know any similar study with these
> characteristics that employed FACETS? Specifically any idea of a design
> that can be employed to create connectedness and link measures, that is,
> create a metric that permits to compare countries? 2) The main interest is
> to estimate country means as reliably as possible. Do you know any study
> that address how person reliability (level 1 in a multilevel design) is
> related to group mean reliability (level 2)? A specific question is how
> design features (number of tasks, number of raters per task, rater
> agreement) affects this reliability of means at second level.
>
> Thanks a lot  in advance
>

> Ricardo Primi
> USF, Brazil

Fabio La Porta, MD PhD