[Rasch] Journal of Applied Measurement: New Editor and Call for Papers

Rense Lange rense.lange at gmail.com
Mon May 17 14:36:40 AEST 2021

This day was coming, and I want to express my appreciation and gratitude to
Richard Smith for maintaining JAM. I think we all owe him a lot, including
all the others who contributed their time and effort to the journal.

At the same time, I am very glad that Hak Ping Tam at NTNU will continue
JAM. I wish him strength and good luck and I hope to meet him at some Rasch
related event.

Rense Lange

On Sun, 16 May 2021 at 17:38, Mike Linacre <mike at winsteps.com> wrote:

> Greetings. This is Hak Ping Tam (known as Hak) from the National Taiwan
> Normal University (NTNU). We would like to inform you that the former
> chief editor of The Journal of Applied Measurement, Dr. Richard Smith,
> has notified me that he would like to retire from maintaining JAM.
> Furthermore, he has asked me and NTNU to take up the task of managing
> the future operation of JAM. My university has recently agreed to
> support the continuation of this quality journal. NTNU will hence become
> the new publisher of JAM. Our team will try our best to carry on the
> good works that were laid down by Dr. Smith and serve the international
> measurement community. We would like to thank Dr. Smith for investing
> twenty years of hard work in bringing the Journal into existence and in
> guiding its subsequent growth.
>
> Currently, we are organizing many things at the same time, but the most
> critical one is the lack of submitted manuscripts. Tutorial ones are
> also welcome. We are ready to serve the Rasch community in particular,
> and the measurement community in general.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Hak Ping Tam
>
> Editor of JAM
> jamntnu at gmail.com